Stay connected with the Vitoconnect Wi-Fi module
Do you have a Viessmann boiler without built-in Wi-Fi? Use the Vitoconnect OPTO2 series Wi-Fi module to get your boiler connected to the internet, and enable smart home functionality for your existing heating system.
Wi-Fi module for Viessmann boilers
The Vitoconnect Wi-Fi module allows smartphone and tablet users to easily monitor and operate their Viessmann boiler, and stay in control anytime, anywhere using the ViCare app.
Vitoconnect connects directly to the boiler control using an Optolink cable, and it communicates over the Internet via the local Wi-Fi network. A comprehensive security design was implemented for Vitoconnect, which successfully passed the VDE Institute test for smart home information security.
Save time, money and energy with remote Internet connectivity and automatic operation via the ViCare app and Vitoconnect!
- Wall-mounted Wi-Fi module for connection to a wireless router
- Power supply with power cord (5 ft / 1.5 m long)
- Optolink/USB connection cable from Wi-Fi module to boiler control (10 ft / 3 m long)
- Via the Optolink interface on the boiler control
- Via Wi-Fi with the wireless router
- Power connector for power supply (120V / 60Hz)
- USB for connection cable to Optolink port
- Wi-Fi communication to connect to the Internet
- Prior to startup, please verify the system requirements for communication over the local Wi-Fi network
- Port 443 (HTTPS) and port 123 (NTP) must be open on the local network
- A high-speed Internet connection with unrestricted data volume is required to operate Vitoconnect
- The distance between Vitoconnect and the boiler should be 1 - 8 ft (0.3 - 2.5 m)
Viessmann boilers and Vitotronic controls equipped with the Optolink interface.
Controls for wall-mounted boilers:
- Vitotronic 200, HO1 for Vitodens 200, WB2B Series
- Vitotronic 200, HO1A for Vitodens 200, WB2B Series
- Vitotronic 200, HO1B for Vitodens 200, B2HA/B2HB Series
Controls for floor-standing boilers:
- Vitotronic 200, HO1B for Vitodens 222, B2TA/B2TB Series
- Vitotronic 200, KW2 for Vitorond 100, VR1 Series
- Vitotronic 200, KW6B for Vitocrossal 300, CU3A Series
- Vitotronic 300, KW3 for Vitorond 100, VR1 Series
Controls for solid fuel boilers:
- Ecotronic with software version 2.12 for Vitoligno 300-C Series
Getting started with Vitoconnect
Vitoconnect is the interface between the Viessmann boiler control and the ViCare app. For everything to work smoothly, the Vitoconnect must first be installed and put into operation. Follow the instructions below to set up your new Vitoconnect unit:
1. Mount the Vitoconnect on the wall, and ensure that the installation site is dry and frost-proof. Also ensure that the Wi-Fi signal is strong enough in the area where the Vitoconnect is mounted.
2. Connect the cables. There are two connections located on the bottom of the Vitoconnect – one for the power supply, and one USB port for the Optolink cable which connects to the boiler control.
4. Start the ViCare app and tap "Create account" to create a new Viessmann account for yourself. Note: User registration is required – Vitoconnect will only work with a valid Viessmann account. After creating the account, login to the ViCare app with the email address and password that you selected.
5. When prompted by the ViCare app, scan the QR code that's on the Vitoconnect unit. If there is no QR code, enter the serial number and ID from the Vitoconnect to register it.
6. Your mobile device should then automatically connect to the "Vitoconnect" Wi-Fi network (on Android). For iOS devices, open the Settings app and manually connect to the "Vitoconnect" Wi-Fi network (you should be able to paste the WPA2 password from the clipboard). Then you can switch back to the ViCare app.
7. Follow the instructions in the ViCare app to finish the setup process.
The Vitoconnect unit and ViCare app should now be set up successfully. You can check this by looking at the LEDs near the top of the Vitoconnect – if there are two green LEDs, it is operating correctly.