Position: Academy Training Instructor
Reporting to: Academy Manager
Goal of This Position: Establish yourself as a top instructor in the heating industry through your ability to convey the information in an easy to understand, engaging and effective manner.
- Conduct engaging, informative, adult-learning focused, hands-on training classes in the Academy Training classrooms and training lab as well as for on-site trainings
- Develop a teaching style that is unique and effective with the goal of increasing both unique and repeat customer attendance
- Be a main contributor for the Academy Curriculum creation and upkeep of the material including but not limited to - creation of curriculum presentations, selection of hands on training exercises, and associated class handouts
- Continuously work to ensure all curriculum material is up to date including any small product changes that may occur, etc.
- Conduct/create training webinars and recorded videos to be published online and to our sales force
- Continuously review all training material to develop your knowledge and skills
- Assist in the upkeep of the training lab
- Oversee and assist, if needed, in Vitomobile maintenance checks and servicing of the Vitomobile boilers
- Travel up to 50% of the time for on-site trainings or as needed to meet the training requests
- Assist with Technical Service Department Phone Calls on an ad hoc basis
- Extraordinary and additional tasks may be required during the business year
Prerequisites for Position:
Required Education & Experience:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role or in any role within heating industry
- 3 to 5 years in a professional position which requires self-motivation and a willingness to learn and develop knowledge and skills related to the position
- Public Speaking and/or presentation experience
- Development of presentation material
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Analytical thinking, creative and systematic working habits, demonstration of initiative, leadership, outgoing personality
- Problem solving oriented outlook, willingness to take initiative in overcoming challenges and obstacles
- Willingness and self-motivation to learn and develop the knowledge and skills it takes to continuously improve as an instructor
- Outstanding Communication Skills including the ability to read an audience in order to deliver an exceptional training seminar
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take constructive criticism and feedback in a positive way and as motivation to further develop your skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint or Google Slides, Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, Microsoft Word or Google Docs, with the willingness to become an expert in content creation.
Viessmann Manufacturing Company (U.S.) Inc. reserves the right to make changes and amendments to this position description as may be required from time to time. Any intended changes will be discussed with the employee before inclusion in the position description.