Position: Regional Sales Manager, South
Reporting to: Sales Director - East
Employment: Full-time; Salaried + Bonus
Goal of the position:
To further strengthen the position of Viessmann in the Southern marketplace and to further increase sales by means of strategic planning, market evaluation, promotions, trade shows, training seminars, and managing the South region sales network, to increase sales, profitability and market share.
- Drive all sales in the Region through the regional sales network and, where justified through direct personnel (Territory Managers) meeting annual sales and gross profit objectives
- Develop and maintain relationship with regional wholesalers and regional branches of national wholesalers, their customers, end customers and market influencers
- Manage and evaluate independent sales representatives and employed Territory Managers in the Region
- Develop and close commercial sales opportunities for all Vi-US products (including biomass and solar) through direct interface or leverage of sales representaives with ESCO, EPC, engineering firms or end customers from pre-specification to purchase order meeting annual sales and gross profit objectives
- Understand and communicate the buying criteria of all stakeholders in the sales process including new products vs. replacements, price elasticity, payback requirements, economics, financing, equipment features and others
- Conceptualize, implement and drive sales campaigns and incentive programs
- Manage regional marketing activities in coordination with the Marketing Team
- Support the execution of commercial projects in the Region by liaising with Technical Services as required
- Collect, analyze and use market intelligence on region (competitor activities, incentives, regulations, etc.) to make recommendations to management
- Contribute to the continuous development of the Viessmann US sales strategy and the budget by suggesting improvements, including product changes, marketing and pricing
- Manage customer and stakeholder training activities in the Region
- Liaise between customers in the Region and Viessmann internal support functions
- Support trade shows and events relevant to the Region
- Provide market forecast for the Region on a regular basis
- Implement and execute the applicable elements of the sales strategy in the Region by developing a regional sales plan and budgets on an annual basis
- Complete regular reporting as required by current Viessmann policy including providing current customer contact information for a central customer database
- After completing proper training, program Viessmann controls and adjust combustion parameters for burners installed in Viessmannn equipment as part of the start-up, commissioning or repair of Viessmann products.
- After completeing proper training, assist the qualified, licensed heating professional with the troubleshooting of technical issues involving Viessmann products and make recommendations as to product application, parts replacement and service procedures.
- In addition to the duties listed in the foregoing, extraordinary and additional tasks as may be required during the course of the business year
Experience & Education
- A minimum of five years of experience in the sale of heating products to wholesalers and contractors; candidates with hydronic heating experience will be preferred
- A minimum of three years in a regional sales management role, managing a sales structure
- A college degree in engineering, however candidates with a minimum of ten years of field experience or hydronic equipment sales experience will also be considered
- A proven track record in building a sales network
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal, language and communication skills
- Strong user skills in MS Office, particularly presentations
- Strong organizational skills, creative self-starter
Resumes can be sent to: email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Viessmann Manufacturing Company (U.S.) Inc. reserves the right to make changes and amendments to this position description as may be required from time to time. Any intended changes will be discussed with the employee before inclusion in the position description.