Project Development Specialist
Career Opportunity at Viessmann
Position: Project Development Specialist
Reporting to: Project Development Manager
Employment Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Goal of This Position: To provide application engineering and technical support to the Project Development and Sales teams.
- Produce Viessmann Project drawings, diagrams, and other application engineering support throughout the life-cycle of a project (design, submittal, etc.).
- Provide pre-sale application engineering support for Design Build projects lacking plans and specifications.
- Develop, maintain, and modernize drawing library; including published piping layout drawings, scaled fitout layouts, and piping diagrams upon project specific requests.
- Resolve Viessmann Project issues in a timely and professional manner, with an emphasis on a high degree of professional communication with clients and customers.
- Verify footprint feasibility for Sales and other stakeholders during the bid process.
- Support system design with Project Development Manager and Sales.
- Recommendations for project issues requiring managerial approval for resolution / escalation.
- Provide solar system design assistance and project support to customers and other parties in North America to increase sales and to enhance customer experience.
- Solar project design & quoting, which will require learning specialized programs (ESOP, TSOL, and RETScreen) used to determine system sizing and performance (will train).
- Support legacy biomass customers including order management and coordination with purchasing.
- Extraordinary and additional duties as may be required during the course of business.
Prerequisites for Position:
Education and Professional Experience:
- 2-3 years of experience in general construction, HVAC, project coordination, or account management; candidates with hydronic heating experience will be preferred.
- Bachelor’s in Arts or Science – Construction Management, Technical / Construction Design, or Engineering preferred.
- Working knowledge of construction management and industry practices.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage many concurrent priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is required.
- Strong MS Office skills required – in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn SAP enterprise resource planning.
- Proficiency with SAP (R3 or 4HANA environment) is an asset.
Viessmann Manufacturing Company (U.S.) Inc. reserves the right to make changes and amendments to this position description as may be required from time to time. Any intended changes will be discussed with the employee before inclusion in the position description.