Key Account Manager
Full-time; Salaried + Bonus
Goal of this position:
To manage, develop, and grow Viessmann’s relationship with corporate key accounts in the assigned U.S. territories to further increase market share and profitability.
- Develop and maintain strong, effective, sustainable corporate key account customer relationships, to open new accounts and go the extra mile by providing maximum value to the customer, serving as a valued consultative partner, to achieve Viessmann’s sales goals.
- Actively seek out and establish new corporate key account business opportunities and secure deliverable projects that can be transferred to the region.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the local Regional Manager to further enhance the relationship and ensure a smooth transition of Viessmann projects.
Plan, prioritize and manage sales activities with key accounts in the assigned U.S territories to achieve targets as agreed with the Sales Director.
- Review needs and orders with key accounts, discuss and solve specific problems to ensure key accounts are being served timely and properly.
- Complete regular reporting as required, including providing current customer contact information for a central customer database.
- Manage key account marketing activities in coordination with the Marketing Team.
- Provide market forecasts for the key accounts on a regular basis.
- Collect, analyze and use market intelligence on key accounts in assigned territories (competitor activities, incentives, regulations, etc.) to make recommendations to management.
- Contribute to the continuous development of the Viessmann US sales strategy and the budget by suggesting improvements, including product changes, marketing and pricing.
- Liaise between Key Accounts and Viessmann internal support functions.
After completing proper training, program Viessmann controls and adjust combustion
parameters for burners installed in Viessmann equipment as part of the start-up, commissioning or repair of Viessmann products.
- After completing proper training, assist the qualified, licensed heating professional
with the troubleshooting of technical issues involving Viessmann products and
make recommendations as to product application, parts replacement and service
- Extraordinary and additional tasks as may be required during the course of the business year.
Experience and Education:
- A minimum three years of experience in the sale of hydronic heating products to wholesalers and contractors.
- Candidates with experience regarding Viessmann products will be preferred.
BS/BA degree or equivalent is required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal, language and communication skills
- Strong user skills in MS Office, particularly presentations
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Strong organizational skills, creative self-starter
Viessmann Manufacturing Company Inc. reserves the right to make changes and amendments to this Position Description as may be required from time to time. Any intended changes will be discussed with the Employee before inclusion in the Position Description.