Commercial Sales Engineer (Michigan, Minnesota & Wisconsin)
Career Opportunity at Viessmann
Position: Commercial Sales Engineer (Michigan, Minnesota & Wisconsin)
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Employment Classification: Full Time, Salaried (Exempt)
Goal of This Position: To strengthen the position of Viessmann in the sales territory and to further increase commercial sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and close commercial sales opportunities through direct interface or leverage of sales representatives with ESCO, EPC, engineering firms or end customers from pre-specification to purchase order meeting annual sales and gross profit objectives.
- Support the execution of acquired projects by liaising with the commercial team in Warwick, RI.
- Market evaluation and development of sales forecasts as directed.
- Understand and communicate to the commercial team the buying criteria of all stakeholders in the sales process including new products vs. replacements, price elasticity, payback requirements, economics, financing, equipment features and other buying criteria.
- Collect, analyze and use market intelligence on assigned customers (competitor activities, incentives, regulations, etc.) to make recommendations to Management.
- Support trade shows and events that are relevant to commercial customers
- Perform market evaluations for the Territory and provide regular sales forecasts
- After completing prior training, program Viessmann controls and adjust combustion parameters for burners installed in Viessmann equipment as part of the start-up, commissioning or repair of Viessmann products.
- Attend training as necessary to become a Viessmann subject matter expert including; all system components and applications, troubleshooting, installation, and startup. Identify knowledge gaps with supervisor and formulate plan to complete all necessary training.
- After completing prior training, assist the qualified, licensed heating professional with the troubleshooting of technical issues involving Viessmann products and make recommendations as to product application, parts replacement and service procedures.
- Extraordinary and additional tasks as may be required during the course of the business year.
Prerequisites for Position:
Education and Professional Experience:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the sale of commercial heating products to ESCOs, engineers or wholesalers; candidates with hydronic heating experience will be preferred
- A college degree in engineering, however candidates with a minimum of ten years of field experience or hydronic equipment sales experience will also be considered
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal, language and communication skills
- Strong user skills in MS Office, particularly presentations
- Strong organizational skills, creative self-starter
Viessmann Manufacturing Company (U.S.) Inc. reserves the right to make changes and amendments to this position description as may be required from time to time. Any intended changes will be discussed with the employee before inclusion in the position description.